I forgot to mention…

5.02.2009

When we took Taylee to the doctor for her 1yr checkup we found out she had an ear infection. No biggie…Right?

The doc wrote out a prescription for amoxicillin and sent us on our way. Tay is such a sweet baby, even when she's sick and uncomfortable. So the next 10 days were a breeze. Then 48 hours after her last dose of the medicine I noticed her skin was a little reddish on the back of her neck. Not quite a rash…yet. Then within about an hour this is what she looked like:


So I called the doctor and we took her in. I had no idea that this could be from the amoxicillin, but apparently she had a reaction to it. It looked really sad, but it didn't bother her at all.

Ps. (these pics were taken about 3 days into the rash-it lasted for 4)

I'm hoping she doesn't continue to have this reaction. I think it will stink if she's allergic to it, which at this time the doc doesn't think that it's an allergic reaction.

1 comments:

Anna said...

Poor girl. Grant once had a similar looking rash. He ran a high fever and got the rash at the end. The doctor told us rashes sometimes come at the end of sickness after a fever?