Monkey

10.21.2008

Wow! Once this baby of ours got the hang of things, it seems it just hasn't stopped. We thought the crawling thing would pacify her for a period of time, but this girl is too smart to be fooled by that. She now is enjoying pulling herself up on anything and everything that doesn't tip over in the process.

Yesterday Taylee and Mommy were playing the new game of 'Climb the Mommy' when Taylee started laying her head on my knees. I thought she was being cute and cuddly, but then she flung her head up quickly with a huge grin…and repeated. That's when I realized that my itsy bitsy baby figured out how to play Peek-A-Boo… which brings a tear to my eye for several reasons.

First - The feeling of joy I feel as Taylee shows her ever expanding personallity and talents; I can't help but maybe feel a glimps of how our Father in Heaven must feel as he watches us,HIS children learn and grow. Second - I can't help but fall more deeply in love with such a tiny little person, when six months ago I didn't even know exactly what she looked like. Finally - it's just that she is growing up so fast. I am afraid that the time we have to teach this very special spirit all the things that have been (and will continue to be) forgotten from her existence before now is so short, and then this cruel world is going to have its chance. I just want her to know how truly thankful I am for her. She has been the greatest blessing in my life…I love you sweet lil' bug of mine.

So sorry to get all mushy on you…back to the cute game we played, here are a few pics I was fortunate enough to catch. Taylee gets all hammed up when she sees the camera and it really distracts from the real reason I'm trying to take yet another picture of this beautiful gal. Not that I don't love her 2 teeth smile, I would just like to catch a candid moment here and there too.




 

These pics aren't great, but it is all I could get in a hurry. My camera beeps when you're focusing, so there again: distraction.

0 comments: