Traditions…

2.16.2009

My late Aunt Karen was a very special treasure in my childhood. She was an amazing example of love and friendship. She always saw the good in any person. She was always so much fun to be with. She would often take me to Wendy's for a tasty treat of fries and a frosty. I have many fond memories of her, but by far the most special one was our birthday cakes. Each year she asked each member of our family what we wanted for a cake. My favorite one is the Rainbow Bright cake she made me for my 6th birthday. Or was it the yellow Carebear cake I got for my 4th birthday along with the assortment of stuffed Carebear's?

This year for my nephew Aidan's 4th birthday he wanted a pirate birthday party. As I thought about what to get him for a present I reflected on the many wonderful cakes my Aunt Karen had made us…And this is what I came up with.






I hope I get better at making cakes because my other nephew's and niece's wonder why I didn't make them a cool cake for their birthdays! I guess I will try to live up to the legacy Karen left behind.

We miss Aunt Karen so much. I only wish that Lars and Taylee would have had a chance to meet her, someday.

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I can't believe you made that cake! You are full of hidden talents!