Welcoming AlyGator

5.17.2010




Baby Sis has been so much fun. I can't believe she's almost 3 weeks old, and I haven't even made a post about her yet.
She came a week early (due to the convenience of modern medicine) but still weighed 8 lbs 7 oz. She was 20 inches tall.


In 3 weeks Aly has begun to:
Interact - it's amazing to watch her study my face, to listen to her cue, to snuggle up to her.
Hold her head up and look around.
She's even tried to hold her body up, either be struggling to sit up while on her back or by pushing up with her hands while on her belly.


Having 2 girls has been pretty easy. Taylee has taken the adjustment well, she's such a good little mommy.
I had to take both girls to Aly's 2 wk appointment by myself. Knowing how sensitive Tay is to the happenings at the doctor, I prepared her before time of the pku test that would be taking place, to hopefully ease the trauma. But as soon as the nurse poked Baby Sis causing her to scream Tay asked "What's that Lady doing to Baby Sis?", then she goes on to chasen the poor nurse: "Stop it lady, you're hurting Baby Sis! Stop it Lady!"
It took a min to calm Tay down, when she realized the Lady was helping keep Baby Sis healthy she climbed on the table, curled up to her baby and began to soothe her by shushing and singing to her. It was definately one of the highlights of having children.



I'm so lucky to have these beautiful girls. I feel so blessed to be a mother, Thank you Lars, Taylee and Alyssa for making this possible. I hope all of you mothers had a fabulous Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Necia said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!

Necia said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful!